Cannabidiol, also known as CBD, is an extract from the cannabis plant. It does not contain any psychoactive ingredient that tends to make people have a stoned feeling. In other words, CBD does not contain tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is the ingredient that causes intoxication.
According to past studies, CBD is safe and has shown to relieve pain in patients who suffer from inflammation, chronic pain, epilepsy, nausea, vomiting, glaucoma, Alzheimer, and cancer.
Research has also shown that CBD is very beneficial and can act as a food supplement since it is extracted from hemp, which is highly filled with vitamins and other ingredients that are very therapeutic and highly nutritional. In fact, CBD has played a very important role in the food and beverage industry.
People now go for many products which have extracts of CBD in them. This has increased the number of CBD products being produced globally currently. The available CBD products available in the market typically come in the form of capsules, liquid, balms, or oils. Basically, CBD and related products are a necessity for most homes.
Role of CBD play in the treatment of various ailments
- CBD helps in treating cancer symptoms – One of the most known uses for CBD is in managing cancer symptoms. CBD has two key main functions in the management of cancer; stopping/slowing the growth of cancerous cells and dealing with the effects of cancer medications such as chemotherapy. In the USA, the most popular remedy for cancer is chemotherapy – a treatment that induces several side effects like fatigue, gastrointestinal disease, nausea, etc. Surprisingly, CBD actually helps minimize these side effects.
- CBD helps in relieving pain and inflammation – CBD has been known to be a pain Research has shown that taking CBD helps in relieving chronic pain and inflammation on patients. CBD interacts with the receptors in our brains which.
- It reduces anxiety in patients – Many people nowadays are known to have an anxiety People with anxiety find it hard to approach or address something crucial without getting nervous. Anxiety may also be caused by stress, a work or home situation or any other thing. Research has shown that CBD tends to help patients who are faced with this kind of disorder because it makes them relax, become alert and even performs better in speech for people who have a speech defect.
- Treats acne – CBD can be used to treat acne and other skin conditions since it helps in reducing the inflammation in the body. CBD is known to regulate the activity of the sebaceous glands which are the only oily substance that hydrates the skin. The high production of this oil can lead to acne. Since CBD regulates sebum production, it has the potential to also treat acne. However, it is advisable to contact a dermatologist to know the nature of your skin before using CBD for acne.
- Helps in treating nausea – CBD has compounds which help in controlling nausea and vomiting. That said; it should be taken in low doses because it might increase nausea if taken in excess. Basically, getting the right dosage is for CBD while treating any condition is important.
Many studies have been conducted worldwide and have shown CBD can treat many health conditions, some of which prescription medicine cannot effectively treat. Also, the fact that CBD has no intoxication effects (though it’s an extract from cannabis), makes it a popular remedy for the above-mentioned conditions.